Best POS Software for Your Business
The best POS software are Shopify, GOFRUGAL, IVEPOS, Loyverse, LOGIC ERP, and Torqus POS. Point of sales software track and manage sales transactions, inventory, and history of customer purchases.
Connect With Your Personal Advisor
List of 20 Best Point Of Sale POS Software
Lightspeed OnSite does a lot more than just let you take payments. It’s built for the realities of running a retail business day-to-day, like managing your inventory, keeping track of your customers, and understanding your store’s sales results. Read LightSpeed Reviews
Starting Price: Starting Price: $99 Per Month
"Go for it! You won't be disappointed" - Roly Srivastava
Toast is an all in one pos and restaurant software. Simple and easy to use for users. This restaurant software advantages i.e checkout, analyzing and CRM, online ordering, and good user services. Sometimes that offers gift voucher to new customers. Read Toast POS Reviews
Starting Price: Starting Price: $79 Per Month
"It will make Kitchen Management of your restaurant easy and prompt. " - Fiorella Castillo Pinillos
TouchBistro is an easy and smart iPad-based POS system for restaurants, cafes and bars. It's best features like that Payment Processing/Integration, Security Features, Menu Customization, Staff Management, Table Management and manage more Restaurant related features. Read TouchBistro Reviews
Starting Price: Starting Price: $69 User/Month/Billed Annually
"It will get you the cloud storage for all your information" - Giriraj S. Rathore
Shopify is a Leading eCommerce Platform and popular among the small retailers and startups. Shopify themes, templates, apps & SEO features makes it easier to create online store quickly. Manage your customers, inventory, orders and billing from one platform. Read shopfiy reviews to learn why over more than 1,00,000+ business trust shopify ecommerce platform. Read Shopify Reviews
Starting Price: Starting Price: $29 Per Month
"Best Shopify Store Design" - Manu Jain
This is the best POS system for retail stores that automatically creates customers' profile, tracks the customer information, and purchase history. Square Retail Point of Sale system is cloud-based that manage your sales, send invoices, and accepts the payment from any mode. Read Square POS System Reviews
Starting Price: Starting Price: $60 Per Location
"Best POS software ever used." - Joshua A Peters
The ease of use and the setup process makes it easy for a company to set up right quickly which reduces the time from setup to implementation. Square POS has detailed reports that give you key information on the fly and their mobile apps are second to none. The setup cost is basically zero if you bring your own tablets, all you need is the app and a card reader.
Modularity is limited and Square POS can not be used in certain industries such as the hospitality industry. Hidden costs to add modules. For example a billing module comes at a cost which we felt should have been included with the basic Square POS solution. There are add on modules you can find from other providers but they add to the cost and in some ways make it more difficult to use. Square POS card payments work in certain countries and there is limited use in other countries. While the POS function is universal, card payments are not.
Filing your GST is now effortless with the help of well-thought point of sale system, Quickbooks POS. whether it is business reports or the data security, this point of sale systems for small business is the best pos system that anyone can own. Learn more about Quickbooks POS
Starting Price: Available on Request
High Performer | 2023
800+Centers for Training & Support, 10 Lakh+ Users
MARG Retail Point of Sale Software is designed to handle all the needs of the individual shop or retail chain in a very efficient, effective and accurate way. POS billing software is feature-rich software with highly flexible configurations. It is an ideal POS software for small businesses. Read MARG ERP 9+ POS Software Reviews
Starting Price: Starting Price: $112.5 Full Licence/ Single-User
"Best software for business Development" - Visshu
Easy to use
Reports need to be explore more
Category Champions | 2023
HDPOS is point of sale software for retail store, easy to use retail POS billing and inventory management software that is available to you at a very low cost. Retail POS software has full control on your business even if you are physically not in shop. Read HDPOS Smart Reviews
Starting Price: Starting Price: $18.06 Per Month
Sales team Comvincing skills
Everything should improve
They do have good sales team. And they convince well.
Everything should be improved.
Contenders | 2023
FusionRetail is ready-to-use best retail software that provides pos software for restaurant, billing, restaurant, bar, pc, retail store, inventory control, financial accounting, payroll and customer loyalty program. Unlike other retail software, it's simple to set up, use and manage, allowing you to make profits sooner, reach break-even faster, and open more stores quicker. Read FusionRetail Reviews
Starting Price: Starting Price: $486.11 Lifetime - Multi Users (5)
"Fusion Software" - Ram Chowdhary
Reports, interface, GUI.
Manage your sales & shop from a smartphone or tablet — acquire, retain and engage your customers, increase their average spend, manage inventory and visualize sales analytics. Read Loyverse POS Reviews
Starting Price: Starting Price: $5 Per Employee
"Loyverse POS is simple, easy & super fast compared to all other POS systems we used earlier." - Abhishek Tripathi
Ideal POS system software to boost sales integrate services, streamline operations, enhance marketing zone, and reward customers. Odoo provides a one-stop POS solution with its user-friendly retail system that is compatible with all hardware both online and offline. Learn more about Odoo POS
Starting Price: Starting Price: $24.00 User/Month
Tailored-made to provide unrivaled and comprehensive retail pos solutions to run your organization, Nobly is indeed the best retail pos system for any small-scale business. Its 32 different report generation formats are what makes it the best retail point of sale systems for any pos system for retail. Learn more about Nobly
Starting Price: Starting Price: $73.61 Per Month
This cloud-based point of sale system is designed to meet all the requirements of the small business pos system. Passport POS System comes with features like barcode scanning and invoice generation for an error-free and hassle-free operations. Learn more about Passport POS System
Starting Price: Available on Request
One of the best restaurant pos software, Gusto to make pos easy using innovative methods. It helps you to grow wider by providing the instant supportive team, to intensify your services by taking more orders based on Reliable Cloud, it ensures security too. Learn more about Gusto POS
Starting Price: Available on Request
ERPLY RETAIL ERP allows you to take an open approach to all-channel retail management. Utilize ERPLY CRM to drive business, regardless of where the transaction takes place, on the web, mobile, or in-store. Bring a seamlessness that can truly benefit both your business and your customers. Read ERPLY RETAIL ERP Reviews
Starting Price: Starting Price: $99 Per Month
"ERPLY" - Safwan
Easy to use and gives accurate reports
no option to track expiry dates
Shopkeep has well-designed POS solution that manages your inventory, with handy Bluetooth barcode scanners. The POS system for the retail store has portable barcode scanners and barcode printer. It imports the bulk inventory in your system just by taking few minutes and keeps it up-to-date. Read ShopKeep Reviews
Starting Price: Available on Request
"Easy to get started and good customer service" - Beverly Young
Use the mobile app of this leading point of sale system to get an around the clock access to the operation. The multi-column modifiers of this best pos system reduce the ordering time and make it a must-have pos system for sale. Learn more about Future POS
Starting Price: Available on Request
Perfect for the small business pos system, Cegid, is the most flexible and convenient pos system for sale. It takes care of in-store HR management and mobility, order, inventory and store management and other retail operations to boost productivity. Learn more about Cegid
Starting Price: Available on Request
Centeredge is easy to run POS system for sale with multiple features. Inventory and redemption management, guest and employee management, a report analyzing, biometric access, and integrated waivers. It manages point of sale systems for small business to large enterprises efficiently. Learn more about CenterEdge
Starting Price: Available on Request
iVend Retail enhances the in-store shopping experience with fully integrated enterprise retail management delivered on Cloud. iVend Retail enables business profitability, operational efficiency, and delivery of exceptional customer experiences, all with the flexibility. Learn more about iVend Retail
Starting Price: Available on Request
Until 31st Mar 2023
Point of Sale (POS) Software: A Buyer's Guide
POS, an abbreviation for point of sale, is a comprehensive definition that can include merchandising benefits and displays the procedures used to facilitate transactions. A moment of sale software is a computer software and hardware system that archives sales as they occur; it solves diverse problems of operations and record-keeping.
Point of sale systems like retail management systems are designed to record all sales instantaneously. Not only does that mean timely and precise sales tracking, it also lets you freely classify inventory levels, particularly when there is a mismatch of figures in the book with actual available stock for businesses.
Why Should Retailers Switch to POS Systems?
If you are a retailer who, until lately, has been happy to keep your cash registers ringing, you need to switch to the point of Sale software to curb the problems like mismatched tallies or unrecorded sales in small businesses and SMEs.
A) Enumerating the Benefits of POS Software:
- With POS systems, everything is under the scanner, reducing the margin of errors to zero. This leads to accurate and timely tracking and also keeps the tab on the inventory level.
- Marking down the prices is much easier with POS since the automated system makes it possible without much headache. Pricing models can be altered according to the schemes every time.
- Schemes, discounts, coupons, and similar promotions can be tracked without problems due to the automation benefit. You can also get feedback on the impact of the promotion.
- In your absence, employee efficiency and customer services remain unaffected due to the streamlined point-of-sale software.
- If you have your store in multiple locations, then the point-of-sale software maintains consistency in the prices. Even your stocks are balanced properly depending on the demand and the effect factors.
- Most POS software has additional features of salary checks and a database of customer preferences. This removes the need for separate systems.
- Your employees can attend to customers well rather than engaging in unproductive tasks.
B) The Issues That You Might Encounter Using the Point of Sale Software:
- Updates are a must. If the connectivity and information flow are not updated between the system and the store, huge problems arise.
- Sometimes integration with new applications or hardware presents problems.
- POS systems undergo several changes continuously. This results in high maintenance costs.
- Training employees to use the software might be time-consuming and incur additional expenditures.
Features of POS Software
Point of sale, POS, is a touchpoint for customer purchases and payments. For example, you can think of the cash register at a supermarket billing counter. The POS software is retailer-friendly business software for recording sales. It has excellent interfaces to assist various types of users.
It also delivers a smooth and reliable process for small and retail businesses. The best POS system, on the other hand, relies on both software and hardware. It has a computerized network connecting barcode readers and billing terminals.
Small and medium companies benefit from online and offline sales. These small retailers require high-quality, feature-rich POS system software. It will have an entire retail management system to handle inventory, sales, customer relations, data analytics, and report generation.
To better understand the common and advanced features of a Point of sale software for sale, we have come up with a feature guide for you.
Common Features Of A Point of Sale systems
These features are part of almost every point of sale software available in the market, irrespective of the industry they serve.
The most basic and standard features found on almost all POS software are nearly the same. Without these essential functions, the retail business would not operate smoothly. These key features make business efficient, and the retail store runs without any hitches:
1. Inventory management: Retailer stores sell many products in high volumes. They require a robust inventory management process to keep stock, and the best POS solution has inventory control features to help the business manage the store. You can configure the system quickly and receive daily alerts. You can save time with accurate data on stock quantities and prices.
2. Billing: Small and midsize businesses require POS software with billing automation. The automated process kicks in every time a sale gets carried out. You can easily update the inventory, generate invoices, and perform stock maintenance.
3. Dashboard: The best POS software inevitably has a user-friendly dashboard. Its web and mobile-friendly tools simplify sales administration. You can check periodic transaction data and advanced reports just with a click. And managers can make intelligent decisions using business insights. A cloud-based POS software with hardware compatibility and superior UI/UX is the solution for scaling businesses. Its tools integrate sales services and set up marketing zones and customer reward systems.
4. Sales Reporting: The sales report is a must-have feature in every modern POS software. It will consolidate data on sales volumes, sales prospects, revenue, new accounts, and customer acquisition costs. The system tracks POS data and activities at terminals to prepare special reports.
5. Payroll: It ensures accurate accounts and payment of wages on time. The employees of the retail company will work more efficiently with guaranteed pay. It offers multiple payment modes for cash and cashless transactions. It integrates well with POS and offers tax filing features too.
6. POS Tool: Mobile-friendly tools are a front end for accessing a centralized POS. You can also get high-quality online POS software for businesses. These tools have intuitive interfaces and engaging screen experiences with innovative features like multi-location, multi-device access, sales tracking, CRM, email, and credit card payments.
7. Email Communications: First-rate POS software has customer management features and contact lists. You can capture primary personal data like email IDs and phone numbers. The integrated email feature allows direct mailing to inboxes. You can solicit, remarket, and share reports and news.
8. Retail Analytics: The best POS system ensures retail data analytics for smoother daily operations. It provides storage, access, and analysis of customized metrics. The managers will be able to make better decisions based on accurate reports.
Some customized solutions incorporate a returns policy. The software also handles refunds, store credits as well as sales promotions. All these features help the company overcome various challenges to increase its business profits.
Benefits of POS Software
Owing the best POS software is indeed one of the best things you can do to enhance your business, as you will have comprehensive POS solutions right before you. From invoice generation to improved customer satisfaction, the best Point of sale software does it all perfectly.
Here is our list of top benefits for Point of sale software:
- A Point of Sale system for small businesses makes your organization more competent with its fully automated operating system.
- Operations can be executed faster and more accurately, leading to more revenue generation.
- POS Solutions reduces operating costs. As it alone can handle a whole suite of operations, hiring an individual professional for the same functions is unnecessary.
- With its cloud-based integration, your best POS system for small businesses gives you control over your entire database. Easy access to data implies more prompt functions.
- Best POS system software helps you gain your customers' confidence and provide them with user-oriented services. Thus, a high customer satisfaction rate makes you stand out.
- With the help of the Best POS system for small businesses, managing your stock is easy and effortless. You can easily maintain your stock records as all the details are readily available.
- The cloud-based POS system simplifies the whole accounting process. There is no need to keep a manual record of sales subjected to errors and lengthy procedures. Invoices can be generated easily without any scope of errors.
- Not only sales, but a Point of Sale system also helps you to do effective employee management. You can keep track of your manpower without much brainstorming.
- The best POS system for small businesses helps you to keep a record of all your tax-related activities. They will keep you posted with the GST filling. Even Point of Sale software also does the automotive GST calculation for you.
- With the help of Best Point of Sale systems, you will have detailed sales analytics of your sales figures which will help you to
Types of Point of Sale Software
Point-of-sale applications range from simple mobile payment solutions to large, robust systems for managing multi-location stores. Let's take a look at various types of POS systems available for retail businesses.
1. Counter-Based POS: Most stores still follow the concept of front-counter payments. Therefore, traditional, counter-based POS solutions won't disappear anytime soon. These systems are mounted on the store's front counter, along with barcode scanners, cash drawers, and receipt printers. Billing representatives use counter-based POS solutions to speed up sales and billing operations.
2. Mobile POS: Nowadays, retailers don’t need to be tethered by wires. Flexible mobile POS systems allow wireless sales and inventory management for tablets and mobile devices. These solutions connect directly to your inventory and update store and inventory information in real time. Your staff can use mobile POS to approach your customers on the shop floor and make sales directly without making them wait in long queues.
3. eCommerce POS: Also known as online POS software, eCommerce POS solutions allow you to deliver a store-like shopping experience to your online shoppers. eCommerce POS is on the rise as more customers are shopping online. With the help of these solutions, you can create a seamless checkout process for your customers with flexible cart and payment options.
4. Omnichannel POS: Most large-scale retailers use omnichannel POS software. These solutions integrate your sales channels and allow you to manage your in-store and online operations from a single platform. Omnichannel systems also include robust features like monitoring stock levels, pricing management, customer management, and advanced reporting & analytics.
5. Self-Service Kiosk POS: Kiosk POS systems are used for specific purposes, such as managing parking spaces or selling movie tickets. Many supermarkets and shopping malls install multiple kiosks in different places to allow customers to check product pricing and availability. Apart from POS applications, kiosk systems can also be useful for human resources.
How to Select POS Software for Your Business?
There are tons of point of sales systems available in the software marketplace in today's dynamic and rapidly changing business world. It is important to research carefully and choose the best POS system to change your organization dramatically. Companies worldwide have acknowledged the power of the POS system for sale – this powerful platform can elevate business profits!
Deciding on specific POS software is often confusing, and managers often ask, “What is a point of sale system?” There is no doubt that the best point of sale systems for small businesses can help any budding organization accrue massive amounts of benefits and pump up operational efficiency.
While deciding on a POS system software for your business niche, it is vital to check out the various features and technicalities to be sure that it will suit your organizational model.
Here are some simple, functional aspects to keep in mind while choosing a small business Point of sale software
Step 1: Decide Your Business Needs
POS solutions are used in retail, restaurants, bars, hospitality, and other small businesses. While there are several POS software in the market, one should be completely aware of the kind of solution one’s business needs and then decide.
While a restaurant business might need a Point of Sale software that customizes the menu and adjusts the price, the requirements of a retail business may be completely different. Therefore, one should be completely aware of the business needs when choosing a point of sales solution.
Step 2: Hardware and Software Requirements
While most POS software does not have too many hardware requirements and is compatible with desktops, tablets, and iPads, certain solutions demand specific hardware requirements.
One should be aware of the hardware required, the number of units of the hardware needed, and the brands the software is compatible with for the proper and smooth functioning of the business process.
Step 3: Chalk Out a Budget
One size doesn’t fit all. The price of the POS software may vary depending on the business's type, size, and complexity. Business establishments have different specifications like the number of products, stores, customers, etc.
POS software must be bought based on those requirements. A cloud-based POS software will be charged every month. One should calculate their monthly turnover and the business size and then decide the most feasible amount they can afford to spend on a POS solution.
Step 4: Research
Before investing your hard-earned money anywhere, the most important step is to investigate and do thorough research to ensure the investment is viable and earns good returns. Before buying a point-of-sale solution software, snoop around the market for various solutions available, shortlist the most efficient, reliable, and cost-effective product, and then decide on the software best suited for your business needs.
Step 5: Get a Demo
Now, after deciding on the point-of-sale software you want to use in your business, you have to ensure it works according to the specifications. Sometimes, the software might not exactly do what it claims to do. So, it is always better to ask for the product demo to see its real-time functioning and then proceed with its purchase.
The clock speed, functionality, and user interface must be tested before finalizing. Make sure the software is user-friendly and can be used by a layman. Its speed and response time are essential in a real-life environment. Also, the transition from the existing system to using POS should be smooth and without any hurdles.
Step 6: Installation
This is the final and most important step. After all the above checks are done, and you are satisfied with the software you have chosen for your business, it is now time to install it in your business environment. The setup process may depend on the POS chosen and also on the type and size of the business.
Sometimes, the POS vendor himself overlooks the installation process, but at times, they provide you with a complete step-by-step installation guide to help you in its installation. If any doubts creep in during the activity, ensure the vendor has a reliable IT support team who will help you get through the installation to have the software up and running.
Most emerging business industries have adopted tailor-made niche POS software systems to meet customer demands and enhance service levels. Make sure to follow these simple steps before investing in point of sale software for your organization.
How is Cloud Technology Changing the Face of POS?
As with every technological invention, point of sales (POS) software has undergone a whirlwind of changes in its operations and applications. The first POS systems were hardware electronic devices, such as credit card readers and registers, which gradually shifted to POS software that had to be installed in the vendors' systems that required many cables and servers.
The entire process of installation and maintenance was cumbersome and expensive. The technology inventors then came up with cloud-based POS solutions to do away with the impediments offered by the legacy POS.
Cloud-based POS has ended all the hardware and software requirements for its operation and only offers POS as a service. Thus, bidding goodbye to the hassles of installing it at the place of process.
Some of the advantages offered by cloud-based point of sales that make it popular are:
1. Ease of Integration and Flexibility: Unlike the legacy POS with a rigid development cycle, cloud-based POS solutions have flexibility in their development, making optimizing and integrating POS with a new or existing system a simple task. With all the data stored on a cloud, there needs to be no fear of server crashing or other hardware or software problems.
2. Software Upgrades: New features are instantly updated and added to the POS software without any physical requirements and with no downtime. Since the server is remote, running out of storage space is not an issue anymore.
3. Accessibility: It allows several businesses to be integrated into the same POS. Thus, payments can be made anywhere, not just from the front desk. Customer invoices can be printed instantly, but lately, customers prefer digital invoices made available by cloud-based POS.
4. Lowers Risks: With all the data stored online on a cloud in a remote location, the risk of hackers attacking or data loss due to virus attacks is minimal, and this keeps your data safe and secure.
5. Affordability: Point of sales solutions offered in a cloud are inexpensive and can be easily afforded by small businesses, unlike legacy POS. Its reliability, flexibility, and affordability make it usable for both small and big businesses alike.
Efficient value creation for clients: Many POS developers focus on client satisfaction and constantly develop new application features. The added features prove to be beneficial for the business. The new features are integrated into the existing software and can be availed by the clients at no added cost.
Challenges in Implementing a POS System
POS systems have a myriad of benefits over traditional cash registers. However, first-time users can face some challenges in implementing a POS system.
Here are a few POS software implementation hurdles.
- Usability: Using a POS solution requires some precision and expertise. If your staff is used to cash registers, getting used to the billing and sales system may take some time.
- Security: POS solutions store customers' credit card and wallet information. Thus, even tiny security loopholes can compromise sensitive data, hurting your store's credibility and reputation.
- Software Problems: Cloud-based POS systems are popular because of their attractive pricing and ease of use. However, these solutions work on a one-fit-for-all approach and might not necessarily resolve your business hurdles.
- Cost Efficiency: Most retailers, especially tiny and medium retailers, operate on a strict budget. Implementing a POS system requires a significant upfront investment, which can hurt your overall budget.
Global POS Software Market Report Analysis - Growth, Trends, and Forecast
The future of POS software is intrinsically tied to the growth of the retail business. Luckily, online and offline retail store sales are booming.
A large number of retailers are also actively adopting POS terminals. Have a look at the market trends for POS system software for more insights -
- Cash registers, optical scanners, and magnetic card readers are increasingly used. They are easier to integrate with various terminals, display devices, and payment systems.
- The POS software is not only web-friendly but also mobile-intensive.
- Mobile usage, e-payments, and ubiquitous digitization are vital indicators. The steep increase in smartphone users is a good move.
- The retailers are also able to install highly efficient and secure point-of-sale systems. As a result, their performance and loyalty programs yield high value.
- Better IT infrastructure, system connectivity, and networking are also helpful. The new trends in point of sale software include cloud services and versatile mobile apps.
By 2025, the market prediction is growth at a CAGR of 14.27% and will reach US $35 billion. Also, diverse solutions combining various hardware and software by many vendors will flood the market.
Difference Between Traditional POS and Cloud-Based POS Software
Tablet POS System: The Future of Retail and Restaurant Business
Benefits of Having a Food Truck POS System for Your Business
FAQs of Point Of Sale POS Software
POS Software or Point of Sale software is a set of software and other related tools that any services provider uses for carrying out sales-related tasks. It can be seen often in retail stores, restaurants, fashion stores, etc. It is the electronic data collector through which your customers pay you for the services they have availed from you. A POS system software is integrated with many software and hardware, including credit card machines, operating systems, customer ID scanners, invoice printers, and so on, as its main components.
- Square POS
- Shopify POS
- Revel POS
- Lightspeed POS