Last Updated on:
1. DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
|means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are sset out in section 12, below;
|means this website, www.softwaresuggest.com
|means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person
|means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Information or sets of Personal Information, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
|means the services provided by SoftwareSuggest including suggestions to businesses/ organizations/ professionals in selecting the desired Software Solution and other services that SoftwareSuggest offers through its website
|“UK and EU Cookie Law”
|means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015; and 2017
|means SoftwareSuggest or Appitsimple Infotek Pvt. Ltd., whose registered address is D-3 Signature 2, Business Park, Sarkhej Sanand Cross Road, Sarkhej, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 382210
2. WHAT DOES THIS POLICY APPLY TO?
This Policy applies to Our Processing of your Personal Information when you access and/or use Our Site. This Policy would apply to you as a software vendor or as a prospective software buyer, as applicable. For software buyers, this policy would also apply when you provide a review of a software product. For software vendors, it would also apply when you create a free listing for your product on Our site; create an account with us; and/or when you connect with a digital marketing expert or submit a query.
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- If you are a prospective software buyer, we collect the following Personal Information:
Name, business email, phone number, company name, industry, city, requirements, designation, number of employees in the company, number of software users, preferred time for Us to call, deployment, budget, current software, and/or reasons for change.
- If you are a software vendor, we collect the following Personal Information:
Name, Email, phone number, and/or organization details.
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- If you are a prospective software buyer or a software buyer, we will use your Personal Information:
- To respond to communications from you,
- To carry out market research,
- To analyze your use of Our site,
- To gather feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our site and your user experience and
- To verify the validity of a review you post to ensure no false or malicious reviews are posted. We do so by ensuring an identity check to see that the right person gives the review. To ensure this, they check upon the reviewer's name, job title, or email address. If the team fails in verifying the reviewer's identity, we won't publish the review.
- If you are a software vendor, we will use your Personal Information:
- To provide and manage your Account,
- To provide and manage your access to Our site,
- To adapt your preferences to your experience on Our site,
- To carry out market research,
- To analyze your use of Our site and
- To gather feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our site and your user experience.
- In addition to this, with your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your Personal Information for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email AND/OR telephone AND/OR text message AND/OR post AND/OR web push notifications with information, news and offers on Our Services. We will not, however, send you any spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we comply with the applicable law in this regard. SoftwareSuggest may also do lead generation activities by adding a call- to-action buttons/banners/popups for companies with a profile page on the website.
- You agree to grant us permission to direct clicks from our affiliate websites by opting for our services.
- Furthermore, advertisers whose content appears on Our Site may engage in what is known as “behavioral advertising” i.e. advertising which is tailored to your preferences, based on your activity. Your activity is monitored using Cookies, as detailed below in section 12. You can control and limit your information used in this way by adjusting your web browser’s privacy settings. Please note that We do not control the activities of such advertisers, nor the information they collect and use. Limiting the use of your Personal Information in this way will not remove the advertising, but it will make it less relevant to your interests and activities on Our Site.
5. LEGAL BASIS
If you are a data subject from the European Economic Area, Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which We collect it. We will normally collect Personal Information from you only where it is needed to perform a contract with you, where the Processing is in Our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, or where We have your consent. In some cases, We may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you. If We Process your Personal Information in reliance on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you have questions or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact Us at the addresses set forth in section 13.
6. WHEN DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We may share your Personal Information with other companies in Our group. This includes Our subsidiaries AND/OR Our holding company and its subsidiaries.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymized and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your Personal Information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings or where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
- As a prospective software buyer or a software buyer, when using SoftwareSuggest’s Services as defined herein, any data you provide in the process may be shared with software vendors who may reach out to you in connection with the Services and/or send you relevant marketing collateral with your permission and/or as permitted under law.
- We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities amongst other functions we undertake to cater our Services to you. In some cases, third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may also share your Personal Information if we merge with or are acquired by another company. In such a case, your information will likely be one of the assets that are transferred.
7. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CONNECT YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT OR SIGN UP VIA SOCIAL MEDIA?
- You can choose to provide explicit consent to connect your email accounts with your Account. Once connected, We will securely access and analyze the relevant content related to the Services provided by Us. We encourage you to review your Personal Information prior to signing in through the applicable service. We do not under any circumstances store your email messages, email messages headers, message bodies, or attachments. We only access your email account for scanning purposes and display information immediately as it is returned. We request read-only access to your email account and will not attempt to alter or modify your email account or email messages in any way, except as otherwise agreed by you through additional consent to write permission in your account with respect to the Services you are opting for.
- Further, Our Site includes social media features and widgets that are either hosted by a third-party or hosted directly on Our Site; your interaction with these social media features and widgets is governed by the privacy statement of the companies that provide them. You should check your privacy settings on these third-party services to understand and change the information sent to Us through these Services. This data may be combined with the other information We collect and might include aggregated levels of specific data.
8. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED AND TRANSFERRED?
Your Personal Information and files including their backups are stored on our servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to Us. Your Personal Information may be transferred across national borders because We have servers located in the United States of America and India, and the companies we hire to help Us run our business may be located in different countries around the world.
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in, a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Us or our partners. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and when your Personal Information is Processed outside EEA, We will ensure that the recipient of your Personal Information offers an adequate level of protection, for instance by entering into standard contractual clauses for the transfer of Personal Information as approved by the European Commission (Article 46 General Data Privacy Regulation, 2016), or We will ask you for your prior consent to such international data transfers.
9. HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION RETAINED?
SoftwareSuggest retains the Personal Information collected where an ongoing legitimate business requires retention of such Personal Information such as for litigation/defense purposes, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, maintain accurate financial and other records, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. In the absence of a need to retain your Personal Information as specified herein, We will either delete or aggregate your Personal Information or, if this is not possible then We will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further Processing until deletion is possible.
10. RIGHTS OF CHILDREN
We recognize the importance of children's safety and privacy. We do not request, or knowingly collect, any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided Us with Personal Information, he or she should write to Usat the email address set forth in this Policy.
11. HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Your Personal Information is extremely important to us. We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Information that We collect and Process. The measures We use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of Processing your Personal Information. If you have questions about the security of your Personal Information, please contact Us immediately as described in this Policy.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
12. SUMMARY OF YOUR RIGHTS UNDER GDPR
A. EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following rights -
- Right to be informed: You are entitled to know whether we hold your Personal Information and the purpose your Personal Information is Processed for.
- Right of access: You are entitled to obtain a copy of your Personal Information, together with an explanation of the categories of Personal Information being Processed, the purposes of such Processing, and the details of third parties to whom the Personal Information may have been disclosed to.
- Right to rectification: You are entitled to correct/update your Personal Information available with us.
- Right to erasure: You are entitled to get your Personal Information erased from Our customer relationship management (CRM) databases. Please note that we need to retain certain Personal Information about you for legal and internal business reasons, such as fraud prevention. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and apps you are eligible to use and as needed to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements.
- Right to data portability: You are entitled to obtain and reuse your Personal Information. You can either obtain the Personal Information from Us or, in turn, provide it to a third party (if you so wish), or ask Us to transfer your Personal Information directly to a third party.
- Right to object/restrict Processing or both: You have a right to object / restrict the Processing of your Personal Information in some circumstances, including where the Personal Information is inaccurate (for the period during which we are verifying the Personal Information), the Personal Information is no longer required in light of the purpose of Processing, or in connection with direct marketing (you can prevent / discontinue marketing communications to you by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Information), or by utilizing opt-out mechanisms in the emails we send you. You shall also have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning and similarly significantly affecting you.
In the above cases, we will retain minimum Personal Information to note that you opted out from being contacted again. For the exercise of any of the above-mentioned rights, please write to Us at email@example.com
B. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of California, this section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about you, and your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, or “CCPA.” Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides you the right to request:
- That we provide you access to details on the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect and/or sell (including how we use and disclose this information, to whom we may sell it);
- That we delete any of your personal information;
- To opt out of any “sale” of your personal information that may occur; and
- To not be discriminated against for exercising any of the above rights.
If you would like to request that we exercise your California privacy rights under the CCPA, please send us an email. We will verify your request using information associated with your account, including your email address. Further identification may be required. You may also designate an authorized representative to act on your behalf.
SoftwareSuggest will not sell your personal information without your prior consent. If you want to opt out of the sale of your personal information, please send us an email.
C. NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Nevada law requires us to share with certain Nevada residents the option to opt out of the "sale" of "personally identifiable information," as defined by Nevada law. We do not engage in such activity; however, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased goods or services from us, you may submit a request under Nevada law to opt out of any potential future sales by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
13. WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE AND WHAT FOR?
- By using Our Site you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third-party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. We use third party Cookies on Our Site for multiple reasons. For more details, please refer to section 5, above, and to section below. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of Our Site.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current English and EU Cookie Law.
- Before any Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a prompt e.g. pop-up, message bar etc. requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
- Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings, but please be aware that Our Site may not work as intended if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google and Facebook Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyze usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use Our Site. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information. Certain of these Cookies may be placed immediately when you first visit Our Site and it may not be possible for Us to obtain your prior consent.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following Cookies: Given above
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalization settings.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
|Used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis.
|variety of purposes (eg, ensuring Frequency Caps work correctly) which include Adsense if you have Adsense enabled.
|__insp_norec_sess, __insp_nv, __insp_slim, __insp_targlpt, __insp_targlpu, __insp_wid
|Inspectlet monitors site's visitors in real-time and relays this information back to the servers, where it's compiled and presented. Sensitive information obtained is anonymized and only a portion of visitors is tracked
|This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits pwc.com, a new _gat cookie is written with a different unique ID. In most cases, this cookie is used to determine unique visitors to pwc.com and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.
|This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits pwc.com, a new _ga cookie is written with a different unique ID. In most cases, this cookie is used to determine unique visitors to pwc.com and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.
|_otpe, _ots, _otui
|Set by OpenTracker. They are set by viewing any page on the site and will expire approximately half an hour later.
And the following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|To store a simple message when a form is submitted that can be displayed on a different page.
|Preventing multiple tracking 1 day
|For pixel tracking
|exit intent popup, prevent to open multiple times
|compare software category id
|last visited category id
|exit intent popup for web
14. USER-GENERATED CONTENT
Our Site is a forum for users to share their experiences with various products and services. To this end, we invite registered users to post reviews on our Site. Please note, however, that if you post reviews to our Site, then all of the information that you post in the review will be attributed to, depending on your privacy settings, either your Profile Information or your Demographic Profile.
If you share your Profile Information, your complete identity will be publicly visible from our Site unless you change this in your privacy settings. Please also note your Demographic Profile will be available to all visitors to our Site. If you post your own content on our Site or Services, your posting may become public, and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your privacy. You are responsible for the accuracy of any information contained in your postings.
15. NOTICE AND TAKEDOWN PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF UNLAWFUL CONTENT
As a responsible software review platform, we support the protection of your reputation. We do not edit, pre-vet or review any user review displayed on this website. We operate a notice and take-down procedure regarding such manifestly unlawful content. In furtherance of this policy, we have established the procedures below to report any unlawful content that you believe defames you or your product.
If you believe that any content on this website contains statements that are defamatory to you, please contact us at email@example.com, include the following information:
- Company name.
- The URL of the company website to which the content or review relates.
- Your first and last name.
- Your phone number.
- Your email address.
- The URL of the content on SoftwareSuggest to which your request relates.
- If it concerns a review also:
- The title of the review
- The content of the review itself
- The name of the reviewer
- A statement as to why the defamatory content is untrue and the extent that it is damaging to you.
- Your correspondence with the publisher about the content or review.
- Evidence showing that you are the (authorized representative of the) owner of the Website.
- A description of exactly what you wish to achieve with this Notice and Take Down procedure.
- A good faith statement, submitted under the penalty of perjury, that the information provided by you in the notification is accurate and true.
SoftwareSuggest will determine whether the content is unmistakably unlawful based on the content of the Notice & Take Down request and the content to which the complaint relates. SoftwareSuggest will make every effort to respond substantively to your complaint within twenty-eight (28) days of receiving it.
If SoftwareSuggest is unable to determine whether the content is unlawful, the request will be rejected, and the complainant will be notified via email. If SoftwareSuggest identifies that there is unlawful content based on the Notice & Take Down request, SoftwareSuggest will take appropriate action at its discretion.
16. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. For example, occasionally, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our Site at our discretion. These third-party platforms have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of those linked sites, including their information practices.
17. CONTACTING US